To read my story from the beginning...go here

About Me

My photo
Well, I am a mother of a 21 year old who is trying to find his way in this world. I am a military wife to a man that I adore. I am the daughter of two of the best parents in the world. I am a friend to those that are a friend to me. I am a teacher. I am a believer. AND NOW, I am a Lyme fighter!

Monday, February 29, 2016

New Beginnings

Hi Everyone,

I guess with wellness, you get too busy to keep up on your blog.  Lots has happened in the last few months. 

I began work in November.  I wanted to begin earlier, but there was a delay in my re-certification processing. I am subbing.  I wanted to begin with subbing to see if it was realistic to be back in the classroom next year and believe me, I am sure it is.  I'm so excited.  I have waited for this for so long.  When I first got sick, I didn't know if it'd ever be possible, but with God all things are possible.  It's been a very long road but I am happy to report, I am doing wonderful.  I am more than grateful.

Pat is retiring from the U.S. Coast Guard soon.  We have decided to make Alaska our home as we both have loved it since our first tour up there in 1997.  We will settle in the Mat-Su Valley in May.  He and I are going to rent a furnished apartment from some of our friends in Wasilla until we are settled and can pinpoint specifically what area we'd like to be in. We are both super thankful for our friends allowing us to rent from them temporarily.  It'll make this transition much easier. 

I am applying to schools now and am hopeful to be back in the classroom full time next fall.  I am considering taking some classes this summer to further my education. 

Pat is researching schools and jobs as well.  I'm hopeful he will have exciting news to share in the near future, but for now, he has a lot of researching to do.  I am thrilled about this new chapter for him as he will get to pursue his life's passion.  I know from teaching what it's like to do what you love and love what you do.  Don't get me wrong the CG has been good to us, but it's not his dream.  Not his love.  He has amazing times ahead of him, I am sure. 

Thank you for your support.  

Until next time, 
Ginny


No comments:

Post a Comment